Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A Family Resemblance








There's something delightful about boys being boys. The week spent with an uncle visiting produced some of these classic lines:

Jes: Can I go tell Uncle Eye that the coffee is ready?Kirst: Yeah, go ahead.
Jes: Heh hehe cool, then he'll come downstairs in his undies and that crazy hat.

Vocabulary
Liam is at the delightful stage where he communicates his most pressing need by repeated the word most closely associated with that need..

Liam: Mak, mak, mak! (I want some milk please)
Liam: Char, char, char! (I would like to sit on a stool like the big kids)
Liam: Bak, bak, bak! (I want you to read me a book)
Liam: Esse, esse, esse! (My brother Jesse is a/ not here and I'm looking for him, b/ not paying attention to me, c/ annoying me in some way)
Liam: Pease, pease, pease! (I'm really tired and relenting to the use of the word Please in an endeavour to get what I want from you)

Also in Liam vocab, all girls can be mummies if required, and all boys daddies, but no one can rival his Daddy for affection at the moment.

More School Tales
Yesterday was the first day of the new school term - an exceptionally exciting day for all concerned because it means Jesse will be back at school 5 days a week. It's good for everybody..

However in a strange turn of events yesterday morning - after a bit of a spat, the cause of which remains unknown, Jesse's punishment was the threat of not being allowed to go to school - which provoked cries of anguish and desperation.

Something isn't right here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home